These are the key steps to stopping people pleasing:
1. Awareness of the situations you’re people pleasing in. These are unique to you.
2. Learning more about your wants, needs, desired boundaries and values.
3. Learning new skills in handling people pleasing situations, which give you choices.
4. Calming the guilt & responsibility you feel for others, their outcomes and emotions.
5. Taking action that demonstrates you’re putting your needs first, which reduces the people pleasing patterns that you’ll use in future.
How to understand what you need
How to decide if pleasing is appropriate
How to ask others for what you need
How others treat you
Being OK with mistakes and ignorance
Reducing unspoken expectations you have
Being important to yourself
Expressing opinions, preferences & feelings
Asking instead of mind-reading
Giving less to other people
Managing your energy levels
Making time for yourself
Improving your self-esteem & confidence
Acting on your gut instinct
Letting go of feeling responsible for others
…. and so much more!